Tuesday, November 25, 2008

99 cent store field trip

Me and Leroy went to the 99 cent store today, we opted for the one over on LaBrea rather than the one we usually frequent on Fairfax because the one on Fairfax is in a "smelly area". Certain parts of LA have "smelly areas". No matter when you go there, it always smells! the 99 cent store always smells like somebody bombarded that entire area with stink bombs. Theres also a strip on Melrose that always smells like sewage..it's totally gross, and i digress. So we get to this magnificent,huge 99 cent store and I will now describe to you the characters that I met there.

-Old lady that asked my opinion on what color poinsettia to get, where to place it, will it reflect light? will it look good in her apartment complex? is purple better than red? blah blah. Of course I was very nice because people aren't friendly at all around here or anywhere anymore so it was nice to be esteeemed by  a stranger in a "i'm not going to murder you, hit on you or hand you my business card" sort of way. She later cornered me in the parking lot when I was trying to leave to show me all the things she purchased. She drove a beautiul old pistachio colored mustang that I had admired before meeting her.

-Crazy big German lady that stopped me to tell me to buy fake eggs out of the 99 cent store fridge. "zaaaay are gooooot!" I said, "I'm sorry what?" "zeeee egggs...zaayyy are very gootttt!" "sorry lady I'm just looking for oj!" she put her arm up..I walked away. Leroy and I exchanged looks of " Is it crazies need a friend day?"

-In line a middle-aged woman was standing so close to Leroy that now that I think about it, I think she was smelling his hair. It has grown to be quite beautiful and boisterous. She asked him about some items he was holding. Namely a sippy cup he was about to purcahse of Frosty the Snowman. (Yeah I dont get it either).

-The old woman wearing a shirt that read "Not everything in life revoloves around chocolate....but it should!" Wow. Well put. She purchased two bags of tidy cat cat litter, 9 bottles of after shower baby powder, and 6 canisters of clorox bleach. Leroy announced, "stocking up for winter!" and i almost peed on the check out girl.




2 comments: