Friday, June 12, 2009

Obscura

I don't know, Maybe I just realize what irritates me in this world rather than what doesn't. It seems like everything nowadays. I went to see Camera Obscura with some friends at the Fonda theatre last night. Always an enjoyable venue for the most part. One of the few bands I had really wanted to see live, and had waited years to do so. I was giddy with anticipation all day as I waited to see them. After dabbling in some Tennessee Whiskey, We head to the fonda. For the very first time ever, we found a parking spot on the street right near it and didn't have to pay for parking! The first time I think that has ever happened!

We go inside to a spot not too far from the front of the stage. As we stood there, me and my friends noticed a horrid smell. Five minutes later, same smell. I turn around and everyone has followed my lead in putting their sweatshirt over their nose to leave out the smell from their nostrils. A fart! After 3 wafts of this, I finally made my statement. "Whoever is farting, you need to leave, We are all highly offended!". The people behind me agreed. We banded together in a "strangers who hate concert farter" bond. Not even a minute later, some extremely pale girl, being held up by her friends tried to make her way through us without throwing up. It was gross. We decided she was the culprit and cheered when she made it by us with no fluid or gas spills.

Opening band time. I forgot their name, which means they sucked. 3 girl band, one singer/guitar, one drummer, one violin/cello player. The singer had a squeaky voice which was ok when it peeked out a few times during the first few songs, but became extremely annoying when it turned into squawking by the last 3 songs. Simple helen love type songs about boys. *yawn*. The cello player sucked so hard. Either she didn't know how to tune/play that thing or she was simply a feedback machine. Not to mention no stage presence. Me and lennard debated for their entire set, if the singer was wearing a wig or not. Not really important, but they were boring us.

Just as Camera is about to go on, this junkie couple tries to slide past me to get closer,realize they can't fit any closer and instead they just stay where they are. They were basically on top of me. So now I have a gross couple grinding on eachother and me, and the view of the back of their ugly heads instead of the beautiful band. I told them to move over very angrily and they did. About and inch. Ugh. Everytime this chick swayed, her afro ended up in my mouth..or eyes..I had no choice but to laugh about it. Camera Obscura ruled, I would definitely go see them again. They had more members in their band than I had thought, all great musicians. During a slower, break-up song Lennard yelled, "Make me a daddy!" And i almost peed myself.

Did I mention the angry flyer people? After you get out of a show at the Fonda, angry flyer people are outside waiting to hand you flyers. If you don't take them, they look at you like you parked a hummer on top of their newborn child. I mean, most people take them and throw them on the ground anyways. How bout just not taking one?! Why must you judge me flyer people? NO I DONT WANT TO GO TO MONSTER MASSIVE OR HARD FESTIVAL.....And i love that they stick 12 of the same flyer all over your car too. Thanks for the wallpaper?

1 comment: