Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Stuff That Happens To Me

It's been a weird and fun couple of days traveling to and through Boston. Makes me miss the east coast which i originated from. I took a car ride with friends Johnny and Lana to the airport to catch our red-eye flight to Boston. I was in a great mood, happy to be traveling and generally feeling good which was nice. I immediately became self-aware of the great mood I was in and thought to myself, "something bad is going to happen". I pushed the thought from my head thinking perhaps I was just being negative and to focus on being positive. We get to the airport. Shit went down and what do you know? Something bad DID happen! Funny thing. When airport people see me I'm always the one to get searched because I'm obviously a tattooed freak with a plot to end all humanity on earth. My bag gets the "extra" check out. They tossed my favorite scented lotion from bath and body works out. R.I.P moonlit path!!! You'll be missed. (ps. my skin is now dry and cracking. no lie.) So as I sit and roll my eyes as this has happened way too frequently to me, and as I sit, furious at how judgemental stupid people are, I hear the woman checking my bag call for back-up. She holds up an item in my bag and I blurted out, "ohhhh shitttttt". There it was. A torch lighter/mini engraved switchblade that I found months earlier in the alley ways of LA. I had completely forgot that I even still possessed this item. I kept it thinking it was someone's personal item that I found to be very interesting, and it would be nice to have considering a lot of shady stuff goes down in my neighborhood. Scare tactic I guess.

About 5-6 cops encircle me. Great I'm going to jail, and I really wanted to go to Boston. Not only that, but my boss and friend is waiting for me wondering what the hold up is. One of the robo-cops asks me, "why would you bring this to the airport?!?!?!" extremely angry that anyone would even attempt this at the x-ray tent. I turned around and told him honestly that I had found it and simply forgot about it. He made a guffaw noise and walked away. Wow thats the only questioning I get? They took their time measuring the blade and staring at me as if to envision what I was thinking of doing with it. I was furious thinking I was going to miss my flight over this stupid bullshit. But I understood that it was my own silly fault for not checking the contents of my bag before flying! One cop wrote me a ticket and told me he wasn't going to take me to jail but that I had to go to court in the future and could possibly go to jail and/or pay a large fine. GREAT. Just get me out of here. UGH. that's gonna be a great phone call to mom......

They told me I could leave now. They didn't realize they still had in their possession my I.D. and my bag!!! So being the smart-ass that I am I rudely told them they forgot to give me my stuff back and they didn't seem to care too much. Off to the plane! where I realized I forgot to pack a warm winter coat. ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?!? the one most important thing that I kept telling myself not to forget, I end up forgetting. The flight was cold and I haven't warmed up since. But I like Jet blue for letting me watch tv and movies as I absolutely cannot sleep on planes ever. I think I'm too big or something. I tried for like 20 minutes and all that happened is my hand fell asleep and it was pins and needs for a painful 2 minutes before I decided to just sit there and be quiet for the whole flight. I left this drama in CA and welcomed myself to the cold cold winter of Boston in early March. We did have a blizzard so bad that they declared our area a state of emergency. See you soon California.

No comments:

Post a Comment