Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Pine cones, Sticks, Rocks & Sand Dollars

Nature hour with Lilly:

This past week I found out that I'm not the only one that picks up these things. Last week I was at a friends house while he cleaned out a book bag. Inside was twisted sticks and rocks. I laughed and said "I thought I was the only one that did that!" ha.

A few days ago a good friend of mine gave me a pine cone from Oregon. She said that she saw a few on the ground and thought that I would probably need one. What a great buddy! Later I told her thank you, and it made me cry. I know it's silly, but it reminded me of bad times when someone I used to know asked to see a sand dollar I had just found on the beach. I was really excited about my find because I had never found one before. I handed it over, and he then threw it in the ocean. (asshole!, I know) I found another smaller one later that day.

Anyways, I am happy, today was a good day and the air smells like citrus and jasmine. I have good friends who find me pine cones and collect sticks. And some that send me picture messages via cell phone of their finds. THANKS!

No comments:

Post a Comment