Monday, January 5, 2009

2009. Year of the Dodge. (aka An Introduction)

Ok. I guess I should introduce myself to you all since its my first post. I'm Kei. Born and raised here, I work at the Paul Frank Store blah blah blah. I've never had or been part of any kind of blog, so...yeah. Here goes nothing. The one you call Leroy invited me to contribute a while back so here I am!

I'd now like to let you all in on Los Angeles' best kept secret, though it won't be for very long. I'm talking about the dodgeball. Yeah like in elementary school. Yeah like the movie. But all growed up and very, very real. The Los Angeles Dodgeball Society has leagues all across L.A. (Hollywood, West Hollywood, Silverlake, and Westwood) so you're always close by no matter where you're at. There's even a tasty Paul Frank vs. Johnny Cupcakes employee battle in the works. As if they could see us. My team is a 2 time champion, undefeated in West Hollywood fyi. Yeah you, Kellen.


If you want your dodgeball cherry popped or just want to see what it's like open gyms are going on all over the place. Open Gyms are pretty much free play before the actual season starts. If your new years resolution was to get in shape or even just try something different then you should for sure come out. 3 or 5 bucks gets you 2 hours of hilarious groin shots and the best and worst music ever! Go to L.A. Dodgeball Society for info on when they go down. I'm at the majority of them. Also, registration opened this morning for all of the upcoming seasons starting late this month early Feb. Hopefully I'll see some of you out there!


7 comments:

  1. talk talk talk..hey kei, you're like the milk in my fridge...EXPIIIIIIIIIRED.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um...not quite sure why you'd keep milk that's expired in your fridge still, but hey! Yeah! Great!

    God i can't wait to hit you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. take it easy on me until i get my ninja skills. then and only then you are going down my friend...You know the rules..NO FACE SHOTS! (that's what she said)

    ReplyDelete
  4. can't wait to throw a ball at johnnys face, lets see if he makes that priceless face nowwww. eh? EH? nvm haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Kei, i actually wanted to take this time to thank you for bringing this magnificent sport to our attention and forcing us to get off of our arses and play with balls. You may kill us at first, but it will be worth the tears and the pain to strive for better. luh you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ps. i'm invading reignballz and it feels good :)

    ReplyDelete