Monday, May 25, 2009

Terminator: Salvation official TAWS Review!

Soo, the movie I've been waiting to see since 2003 came out this past Thursday. Terminator: Salvation!!! It surely silenced all the people who said a good Terminator movie couldn't be made without Arnold or James Cameron, but not because of who you think. Sam Worthington stole this movie from Christian Bale without a doubt. The whole terminator choosing to be human angle was done perfectly. Marcus, Sam Worthington's character, was so interesting that I feel like not too many people would have missed John Connor if he wasn't in the film at all! That's saying a lot. The Russian dude from Star Trek also did a pretty good job as a young Kyle Reese from T1. Moon Bloodgood? Hot(awesome real name too), but corny. Common? Great rapper, but corny Resistance fighter.

And don't get me wrong Bale is an awesome actor but he didn't have enough screen time for me to care about JC. And the scenes he was in, he was that annoying "dark raspy voice guy" that he played the hell out in Batman Begins and Dark Knight. Honestly, the movie could have been 3 hours and I wouldn't have minded one bit. The first 3 movies are so classic (yes T3 is a classic. Go to hell if you're hating on it) because of the perfect balance of action and character development. I guess the directors felt we knew JC well enough from T2 and T3. But honestly with a franchise that has this much good material to work with it could have been more like Watchmen where each character's background was told thoroughly. A lot has happened since the bombs fell at the end of T3. Whats John Connor been up to?!?

I'm stopping right now because I can nerd out on Terminator and talk all night about this. I HAVE DETAILED FILES. As much as I adore this beloved franchise I grew up on at the end of the day it's just a movie and I suppose there's nothing wrong with action, action, action. Even though the first 3 movies had it all. Get stoked on T5 people. I give Terminator: Salvation 4.5 out of 5 Mugsy Bouges.

7 comments:

  1. that is far too kind of a score

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok now i want a terminator: salvation official TAWS review from someone that doesnt know shit about terminator. k go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 4.5...what are you smoking?????!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i liked star trek (movie only) please and thankyou

    ReplyDelete